Birthdays have always been an occasion to celebrate as it reminds us, life is beautiful. A birthday invite thrills us but also put us in a dilemma of choosing a meaningful gift for the host. Flower online delivery is the best way to give a good start to someone on their birthday. If you have someone on your list who is born in August, Gladiolus and Poppy are the two flowers which are considered best for them to be gifted as floral bouquets.
Here is why Poppy and Gladiolus are considered best flowers for people born in August
The colourful Gladiolus is deemed to be the first August birth flower which has sharply pointed leaves and looks like trumpet-shaped flowers. Referred to lilies these flowers are available in the colour hues of white, pink, red, white and purple.
These flowers are considered to be associated with the gladiators symbolising the honour and strength. The gladiators belong to Ancient Rome who was the armed combatants who showcased their heroic strengths. As the flower is available in a different colour, each colour symbolises the different meaning. If you want to express your immaculate love, choose a red Gladiolus
Facts about Gladiolus
- To sooth, the symptoms of colic, the stem of this flower was mixed with goat milk.
- Xiphium is the ancient Greek name of Gladiolus which means sword.
- The Gladiolus in the Mediterranean and Britain were earlier used for medicinal purposes.
- As some parts of Gladiolus are poisonous, it may cause skin irritation and other allergic issues.
Poppy is considered to be the second born August flower which comes in the variants of yellow, white and Red. It is widely used for landscaping purposes and edible seeds for medicinal purposes.
These flowers are typically symbolising remembrance. The white Poppy was widely used in Rome and Greece at the cremation ceremonies. In China and Japan, the red Poppy flowers are used to express passionate love. The yellow Poppy represents happiness and prosperity.
Facts about Poppy
- These flowers belong to dated back 2700 BE when the Minos have cultivated around Crete.
- The Poppy seeds are the rich source of iron, minerals and calcium.
- These flowers were grown in the battlefields of Belgium and Flanders to represent love.
- After World War I, the poppy disappeared for the 4 full seasons due to the extensive battlefields destruction and bombarding.
Now you know what makes Poppy and Gladiolus a perfect choice for the people born in August, refer online florist today and surprise them with your ultimate decisions. Send an exclusive cake along with way2flower.com and make their day memorable.…