For Prime members, Amazon Prime Day is one of the most anticipated dates on the calendar. With it comes a long list of wow-worthy deals and discounts spanning every major shopping category meaning it’s unmissable for most.
This year, Amazon is discounting everything from furniture, chairs and filing cabinets to essential office supplies, computers and beyond, ensuring you have access to the products you need to execute your day job without breaking the bank. Whether you’re buying for your work-from-home station or looking to snag a discount while replenishing your workplace supplies, there’s no better time to do it than right now.
Scroll on to see all the discounts and deals on office products and essential supplies up for grabs throughout this year’s Amazon Prime Day event.
Current office products deals:
Amazon Prime Day is an exclusive, members-only sale event that is hosted on an annual basis. The tradition started back in July, 2015 when the global retailing giant Amazon celebrated its 20th anniversary. While this sale event is still relatively new on the sale scene, it’s already every bit as popular as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This is all thanks to the wow-worthy discounts of up to 85% off and the event’s exclusivity too. Thousands of people, all over the world, sign up for Amazon Prime just so that they can be privy to the huge catalogue of deals.
This year, Amazon has decided to switch up it’s calendar a little and, instead of hosting its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October. Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a two-day event that will run from midnight on 13th October through to 11:59 PM on 14th October, making this year’s sale the biggest one ever. So far, that is.
Amazon is a huge fan of offering pre-sale discounts in a bid to tempt you to spend in the lead up to the big event. These will start to appear daily as Prime Day draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started popping up more than 2-weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were given access to some amazing deals during this period including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions too.
Another way you could be able to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we’d recommend asking you Echo about Prime deals from around 9 PM the night before the official date of the sale to see whether you can unlock a pre-sale discount on wireless tech this time round.
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you’ll be able to learn some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peak of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls “Lightning Deals.” These deals only last for a very limited time and once they’re over they’re gone for good. As such, it’s a wise idea to plan out exactly what you’re wanting to buy before you start to shop.
When it comes to shopping during sales as big as Amazon Prime Day, it pays to be prepared. Below is a list of tips and tricks to help you shop savvier during the 2020 sale event.
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting “Add to Cart” on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it boasts to be because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn’t.
- Pay attention to the small print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don’t actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set some time ahead in advance of the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn’t a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn’t hurt to double check the info before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by taking advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.